Helix Electric has need for a dynamic State Certified Journeyman Electrician. The successful electrician will be part of a production driven team, performing electrical installations and troubleshooting.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
Helix Electric, Inc. is one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial, commercial, mixed use/multi-family developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility, and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial settings.
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Installs electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate. (Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations that may require certification and training before operating).
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install as specified.
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans.
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- State Journeyman Electrician Certification is a requirement in states where required or considered highly desirable in states without this requirement
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Job requires wo Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, and gloves always), respirator when required.
- Able to work 8-10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime, and night shifts as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, including crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
- Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
- A Full-Time Stable Career Opportunity offering Competitive wages
- 100% Employer paid Medical & Dental with Vison options available.
- Life and AD&D coverage 100% employer paid with buy up options
- Rich 401K Employer Match with aggressive vesting schedule
- Vacation, Sick Pay & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Additional Voluntary benefits