Supervise and coordinate operations of the kitchen (in a casual-dining environment) to achieve AMC's goals. Provide leadership and development, and communicate expectations to all back-of-house associates in a professional and safe work environment.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- One year "line" experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- One year experience in kitchen operations and execution.
- Certified as a ServSafe instructor and proctor.
- Kitchen and food safety training (ServSafe or equivalent).
- Completed Allergen training.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and take control during high-demand business circumstances.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Current and relevant knowledge and trends of the food service industry.
ESSENTIAL KITCHEN FUNCTIONS
- Validate entire crew's adherence to recipes to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Ensure Line checks are completed twice daily to validate food safe temperatures, ingredient quality and readiness for volume. Develop and coach associates through review of their completed line checks.
- Ensure prep lists are generated daily so appropriate amounts of prepared products are available at all times.
- Complete essential kitchen functions and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- Confirm the usage of the pull thaw to ensure frozen items are safely thawed.
- Ability to understand and develop prep lists and order guides with par levels.
- Place all orders using order guides and suggestive ordering within the inventory management system and receive orders using receiving logs.
- Complete and record kitchen menu reviews twice daily.
- Ensure that 2-stage cooling is in place for all necessary prepped food items and that the temperatures are recorded.
- Maintain budgeted food cost using all tools within inventory management system.
- Ensure successful delivery of the daily and weekly budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Maintain communication with kitchen leadership to ensure cooks are properly assembling food orders within established average ticket time.
- Follow all procedures to ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and in good repair for associates and guests.
- Maintain kitchen equipment by following manufacturer's operating instructions, educating staff on proper use, maintaining equipment supplies, and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Ensure sanitation and food safety standards are met through completing Food Safety Self Audits.
- Ensure all changes and updates are communicated to the appropriate associates and are in place on time.
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP FUNCTIONS
- Lead and develop back-of-house staff to perform the "Essential Functions" of their positions.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to back-of-house staff members.
- Display effective oral and written communication skills to provide clear direction, resolve disagreements, influence strong performance, and produce clear and concise documentation with minimal supervision.
- Schedule back-of-house associates within company scheduling parameters.
- Manage work environments that achieve high levels of job satisfaction among team members.
- Maintaining equipment supplies and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Hiring, training, developing and appropriately disciplining associates.
- Work effectively with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors, and corporate partners.
- Take ownership of the successful completion of personal training programs.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Uphold AMC's Business Practice Standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- All other functions as designated by the General Manager, or Senior Manager - Dine-In Theatres (where applicable).
- Provided by Theatre: AMC-issued shirt (chef coat), black pants, black belt, nametag
- Provided by Associate: Black non-slip shoes, socks
AMC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
AMC amazing. That's the promise we deliver to nearly 35,000 associates, 240 million guests domestically, and 350 million guests worldwide each year. AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, have fun, and give back to the communities in which we live and work. If you feel motivated and energized by our culture, and if you can name your three favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration, and results.