Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Responsible for business development, financial tracking, and growing, mentoring, and hiring staff for the Herndon Traffic Engineering Section.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate strategic growth plan with office manager and regional practice leaders
- Establish and grow market presence in area through marketing and business development
- Manage financial budget for department and allocate resources accordingly
- Lead and contribute to the production of proposals
- Serve as a technical expertise resource to project managers and technical staff
- Establish staffing needs for the section
- Interview, hire, and develop staff for the section
- Perform performance reviews for staff
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited program
- Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain in a year
- 15+ years' experience in traffic engineering
- Project management and business development experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with clients at the county and state level
- Team supervisory experience
- PTOE certification
- Proven ability to grow a business line
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Development
- Decision Making
- Job-Focused Learning
- Managing Performance
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Herndon, Virginia, United States