Entry level position. SafeNet Assured Technologies, LLC protects the U.S. Federal Government's most sensitive information systems. As a U.S. based company, SafeNet Assured Technologies' sole mission is to provide high assurance data security products and technology to Federal Governments. A successful candidate will develop engineering solutions by studying operations, designing, developing, debugging and testing software written in C, C++, C#, and Java. Development will be based on customer requirements and specific market targets while working in a team environment. Under general guidance, the candidate will develop new products and maintain existing products in support of the company's competitive position and profitability goals within an Agile development environment.
Desirable Qualification Requirements (must meet several of the following):
- Proven experience in conducting software development
- High-level knowledge of software development design procedures and objectives
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills
- High speed data communication product design
- Working experience with one or more of the following protocols: HTTP, TFTP, and FTP.
- Control and data plane implementation for high speed products
- IP layer protocols
- Shell, Tcl, and perl scripting
- GDB and other debug tools
- Linux kernel building, rolling custom kernels, and boot-loading implementation
- Citrix products: Xen Desktop for example
- Test automation, nightly build and test regression
- Knowledge of HSM operations
- Knowledge of smartcard based technologies
- Responsible for design, development, testing, and debugging software systems according to proposed strategic direction and marketing requirements by providing technical solutions for the challenging markets and requirements.
- Responsible for the product architecture; provides technical direction with respect to system definition
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas in engineering which are relevant to the company’s markets
- Socializes designs with teams and integrates suggestions and changes as appropriate.
- Implements code in a timely fashion with high quality, consistent with defined standards.
- Unit tests software components to ensure module-level functionality and product consistency.
- Resolves issues found during engineering test in a timely manner, taking risk into account.
- Provides documentation as appropriate including design documentation, comments in code, inputs for External Specifications, Software Requirements Specifications, and end-user documentation.
- Consistently uses tools such as git, coverity, teamcity, and Jira for tracking of defects and management of code.
- Participates in design and code reviews of other team members’ implementations.
- Independently manages time and prioritizes tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
SafeNet Assured Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce while maintaining an alcohol and drug-free workplace. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.