The Arc of Central Chesapeake Region is hosting a Hiring Fair searching for Direct Support Professionals.
At The Arc CCR, we focus on Opportunity.
Opportunities for the people we support and opportunities for the fantastic staff who work to make a positive difference, solve challenging problems, and help people with a disability thrive. We work hard to find and retain the best talent, and it shows in our culture of caring??
- High School Diploma or equivalent, such as a GED
- Valid Maryland Driver’s License with 2 or fewer points
- Must have reliable transportation. Ability to transport people with a personal vehicle may be a requirement for some positions
- Prior experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities is beneficial but not required
- All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
The Direct Support Professional roles we are hiring for are:
- Community Support Assistants (CSAs) work in homes owned by The Arc with one to four people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. CSAs typically work a set shift each week in one location under a Team Leader. You should apply to this position if you are looking to build a relationship with a few people and work as a member of a team, with a consistent schedule.
- Personal Support Assistants (PSAs) work one-on-one with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, usually living in their own home or their family’s home. While a PSA works a set schedule each week, the schedule is determined by the needs of the person supported and may range from a few hours a week a full-time role. You should apply to this position if you are looking to work closely with one person as a part of their support network, and are looking for a role with a non-traditional schedule.
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The LocalJobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.